Spooky Halloween Cookies
These Spooky Halloween Cookies are among our favorite treats! They have the right texture: slightly firm on the outside but delightfully soft on the inside... SO yummy!
In addition to their perfect crisp/tender bite, these #spookiecookies are flavored with honey and vanilla extract which makes them great #treats for Halloween!
Without further ado, let’s start making these AWESOME treats!!!
- 3 cups almond flour, plus a little extra for surface coating
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. Natierra Himalania Fine Pink Salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. nut milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup nut milk
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Natierra Chocolate-Covered Chia Seeds
1. In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, baking powder, and Natierra Himalania Fine Pink Salt.
2. In a separate large bowl mix butter and coconut sugar. Add egg, nut milk and vanilla extract and stir until combined. Then add the flour mixture gradually until all ingredients are combined. Shape into a ball and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. Once dough has been refrigerated long enough, preheat oven to 350º F and line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Lightly flour a clean work surface and roll out the dough until it is approx. 1/8” thick.
4. Using a ghost-shaped cookie cutter, cut out cookies. Gather dough scraps, re-roll and cut out more cookies. Transfer to prepared baking sheets and freeze for 10 minutes.
5. Place in oven and bake until edges are lightly golden (approx. 8 to 10 minutes). Place on a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
6. While the cookies cool down, prepare the icing:
In a medium bowl, combine powdered sugar, honey, nut milk, and vanilla extract and mix well.
Place mixture in a piping bag fitted with a small round nozzle and pipe the cookies’ contours.
Dilute remaining by adding 1 teaspoon milk at a time until icing runs easily on cookies but isn't too liquid.
Place icing in another piping bag with a small round nozzle and fill in centers of cookies. Use a toothpick to pop any air bubbles and spread icing to help fill any gaps.
Add our Natierra Chocolate-Covered Chia Seeds as the ghosts’ eyes!
Allow cookies to dry until icing is set, for about 15 minutes.
Enjoy and tag us on Instagram @NatierraSuperfoods... We love to share your creations too!!!