This chocolate cake recipe is made with bananas and Natierra Organic Cacao Powder. At Natierra, we choose to use organic criollo beans for our cacao, and it is only cold-pressed, which preserves its fiber and protein.
Subsituting cacao powder for cocoa powder
Cacao powder can be substituted for cocoa powder in any recipe. No need to adjust quantities, just use the same amount as you would cocoa powder! Learn about the difference between cacao and cocoa here.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 & 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup Natierra® Organic Cacao Powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Avocado Chocolate Frosting:
- 2 avocados
- 4-6 tbsp sweetener such as maple, coconut or date syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or coconut butter
- 4 tbsp Natierra® Organic Cacao Powder
- Preheat oven to 350º F; grease and flour a 6″ circular pan.
- In a blender, combine the bananas, Greek yogurt, honey, vanilla, and peanut butter. Blend until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Pour the blended mixture into a mixing bowl. Add the egg and mix in.
- Add the flour, cacao powder, and baking soda, mix until incorporated.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 27-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow 20-30 minutes for the cake to cool before icing it.
- Blend all the chocolate avocado frosting ingredients together.
- Ice the top of chocolate cake and sides.
- Decorate with berries, refrigerate, and enjoy within 3 days.
Enjoy, and don’t hesitate to send us your feedback and recipes on instagram @natierrasuperfoods