Paleo, Keto & Dairy-Free Pecan Pie Recipe
When it comes to Thanksgiving desserts, Pecan Pie is a must. It is usually made with corn syrup and lots of sugar, but with our clean eating twist, it will have as much flavor as the traditional version with added wholesomeness!!! This version is Paleo and Keto friendly and Dairy-Free… Need we say more? Let’s bake!!!
2 ½ cups pecans, divided
8 oz (226 g) pitted dates
¼ cup water
¾ cup coconut sugar
¾ cup maple syrup
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
Pinch Natierra Himalania Fine Pink Salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Grind 1 ½ cups pecans and set aside.
3. Combine pitted dates and ¼ cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring the water bring to boiling temperature, reduce heat immediately and allow to simmer until most of the water has evaporated.
4.Transfer the dates and any remaining water into a blender and mix until smooth.
5. In a mixing bowl, combine date paste, coconut sugar, maple syrup, melted coconut oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and Natierra Himalania Fine Pink Salt. Whisk until completely combined.
6. Stir in the ground pecans.
7. Pour the filling mixture into the premade almond pie crust and arrange the remaining pecan halves on top.
8. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour.
9. Once, fully baked, allow to cool down on a wire rack for 4 hours. Slice and enjoy!!!
10. Snap a picture and tag us on Instagram @NatierraSuperfoods… It is always a pleasure to see your creations!!!