Better for you Hot Chocolate
December means sipping on hot beverages to stay cozy. These tips for plant-based options will help you indulge in a delicious way:
- You can make a wholesome hot chocolate by reaching for nut milk options instead of regular milk. It will not just be naturally vegan and gluten free so creamy and tasty as well!
- Replace artificial sweeteners with raw honey or coconut sugar!
- Instead of chocolate, use our Natierra Cacao Powder... It's organic, nutrient-dense and because it's made from Criollo Beans (a rare & flavorful type of Cacao) it is so delish! Do you know what is the difference between cacao and cocoa? Check our article here.
Recipe for a better for you hot chocolate:
- Nut milk: choose a low calorie one if you want a guilt-free, dairy free option. However, the richer the milk you choose,the richer your hot chocolate will be.
- Natierra Cacao Powder: unsweetened and made from criollo beans, the taste of chocolate can’t get any more spot on than with this pantry Staple.
- Maple Syrup to taste, start with one tsp.
- Pure Vanilla Extract: an excellent way to reinforce the chocolate flavor and make your hot chocolate taste richer.
- 1 pinch Himalania fine salt. It sounds odd, but salt makes flavors pop!
- Cacao nibs to taste, start with 1 tsp. The melted chocolate will create an out of this world flavor.
- Heat the milk until it simmers, then add in Natierra cacao powder, maple syrup, Himlania salt and whisk.
- Add Natierra cacao nibs and vanilla. Whisk until the chocolate is melted. Serve in a mug with additional chocolate as desired.
- Snap a picture and tag us on Instagram @NatierraSuperfoods… It is always a pleasure to see your creations!!!