Simple Salted Caramel Apple Galette
A Simple recipe to treat your loved ones for the Holidays. This delicious caramel apple galette with the high end touch of our Himalania Ice Salt Flakes is definitely a must on our Holiday list. Have you ever tried salted Caramel made with a gourmet salt? Take our word for it, it’s worth it!
- Premade pie crust
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2-3 apples (we like to use honey crisp apples)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp Himalania fine pink salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Caramel sauce
- Himalania Ice Salt Flakes
- Peel and cut apples into ½ inch slices and mix with brown sugar, cinnamon, fine pink salt and lemon juice.
- Roll out pie dough to obtain a 12 inche circle (approximately)
- Lay apple slices onthe dough, leaving a 1.5” empty space around the edges.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the apples, brush the folded edges with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Top with caramel sauce and salt flakes.
Tip: If you have left over apples and cinnamon/sugar mixture that won’t fit in the galette, don’t let them go to waste! Chop the apples into ¼ inch pieces, combine with the cinnamon/sugar mixture in a pot and cook for 4-6 minutes on the stove. This makes a delicious apple pie sauce that’s greatto top oatmeal, chia pudding, or English muffins!