From The Pantry: Blueberry Chia Muffins
Blueberry Chia Muffins (V/GF)
Makes: 18 muffins
½ cup vegan butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
1 cup oat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp fine kosher salt
1 cup nondairy milk (we used oat milk)
2 tbsp Natierra Chia Seeds
1 1.2 oz package Natierra Freeze Dried Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Line two muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together gluten free flour, oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in vanilla extract, lemon juice and applesauce and continue mixing. Alternate adding in the flour and milk until smooth.
- Stir in chia seeds and blueberries. Fill each muffin tin ⅔ full. Bake for 30 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely.