Saturday morning breakfast doesn’t have to wait until Saturday anymore!
This protein-packed waffle freezes and and can be toasted just as well as those store-bought ones, all the while packing protein for a good start to your morning. The blueberries hydrate just enough in the batter bringing a fruitful little pop of flavor to the waffles.
These are perfect for weekly meal prep breakfasts.
So go on, put those frozen store brands back on the shelf, whip up a batch or two of these, stock up your freezer, and relax knowing you have a quick, wholesome breakfast that cooks up while you’re looking for your keys, making lunches for the kids, and brewing that cup o’ joe.
Almond Flour Waffles with Freeze-Dried Blueberries
Makes four 4” waffles
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. Himalania Pink Salt
- ½ cup Natierra Freeze-Dried Blueberries
- Stir together all ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Spray hot waffle griddle with non-stick spray (we like coconut oil), and spoon about 2 tablespoons of batter on the griddle.
- Close the top part of the waffle maker and let cook until golden brown.
- Remove waffles from iron and serve with your choice of toppings. We like to keep it classic with butter and maple syrup, and another sprinkling of berries.
Enjoy, and don’t hesitate to send us your feedback and recipes on instagram @natierrasuperfoods