This chocolate cashew nut butter recipe will make your NB&J sing. In our version of the famous chocolate nut spread, we used cashews in place of hazelnuts and added chia seeds for a great nut & seed butter combination. To make it even better, we used our Cacao with Maca for a superfood fiber boost that the other guys just don’t have. Whip up a batch today and use to your delight. Perfect for spreading on toast, adding to smoothies, oatmeal bowls, or any recipe that calls for a nut or seed butter.
Makes 1 ½ cups
- 1 ½ cup raw skinned cashews
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 3 tbsp. Natierra Organic Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp. Natierra Organic Cacao w/Maca
- 3 tbsp. maple syrup
- ¼ tsp. Himalania Fine Pink Salt
- Toast cashews in oven or toaster oven at 325ºF for 7-9 minutes until lightly toasted. Let cool.
- In a high-powered blender or food processer, grind nuts and coconut oil into a paste. This may take a while, up to 8-10 minutes. During that process, regularly scrape the sides down and keep grinding until smooth.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend until combined and smooth. Refrigerate in airtight container and enjoy for up to two weeks.
Enjoy, and don’t hesitate to send us your feedback and recipes on instagram @natierrasuperfoods